You're probably thinking, "There has got to be a catch. These people want to give me a job AND give me money for tuition and books?" That sums it up, and there is no catch! Over 4,000 students have been admitted to the CRCP, and the first step on their journey began by attending an info session. Come see for yourself, we'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.
You’ll earn a weekly paycheck and more working as a part-time package handler at the UPS facility in Hodgkins, IL.
- Be newly hired to work 3.5 to 5 hours per shift.
- Shifts are Monday through Friday at night (10 p.m to 3:00 a.m.) or early morning (4:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.)
- Starting pay is $14.00 per hour.
- Eligible for medical benefits, paid vacation after 9 months.
- Free public transportation, paid for by UPS. Five routes bring employees to UPS: CTA Bus #169. Pace Bus: #390, #392, #395, and #890.
THE FINE PRINT
- You must apply within your first 30 work days to be eligible for the CRCP
- Be a good employee: show up on time, have a good attitude and do your job
- The package handler position involves lifting and lowering packages that may weigh up to 70 pound
- You have the opportunity to pursue advancement to the position of part-time supervisor while remaining in the CRCP.
Yes, as UPS employees and as the need arises, all employees are expected to be flexible and available to work longer to ensure work is completed before the shift ends. CRCP students should schedule their classes with this in mind.
Yes. CRCP students are eligible for consideration for promotion to part-time supervisor. Further career advancement into management and other positions, would necessitate resigning from the program. As with any employer, promotion is based upon job performance and company needs.
No. You are only obligated to the program and UPS for the duration of your signed Student Agreement. However, we encourage program graduates to consider career opportunities at UPS if applicable. If you graduate prior to the Agreement end, we encourage you to move forward and begin your career!
Yes. You must remain employed and on active status at UPS in order to maintain your program benefits. You are eligible for UPS holidays and approved vacations per your benefits as a UPS employee.
Students enrolled in the CRCP may choose between 2 shifts, the night shift 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. or the sunrise shift 4:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Employees on the day and evening shifts are not eligible for the CRCP but can take advantage of the UPS Earn & Learn tuition assistance program.
Yes, UPS offers free transportation via 5 bus routes to the UPS Hodgkins facility in time for the night (10pm -3am ) or sunrise (4am -10am) shift. They are Pace routes, 390, 392, 395 and 890 and CTA 69th Street #169 UPS Express. Additionally, UPS currently provides a free shuttle from three Gary, Hammond and East Chicago, Indiana locations for the benefit of employees on the night or sunrise shifts.