About Chicago State University
The oldest public university in the Chicago metropolitan area is ranked #1 in affordability in the Chicagoland area. Since 1867, CSU has built a reputation for diversity, equity, and inclusion. Nationally accredited and recognized as a Predominately Black Institution (PBI) CSU sits on 161 wooded acres on the south side of Chicago and is recognized as one of the safest college campuses in the state. with five colleges, CSU enrolls students from 28 countries and 36 states.
- 80+ student organizations, 8 fraternities and sororities, 15 Division 1 NCAA sports teams.
- College of Pharmacy, ranked 1st in Midwest for graduating diverse students with doctoral degrees in pharmacy
- Top 2% nationwide in producing Black graduates majoring in physics
- 100% Job placement in education.
- Ranked #1 in Illinois and #2 nationwide among public universities for equity in educating and supporting African American Students
- 1 of every 10 Black college graduates in Illinois
- Top 4% nationwide for graduates’ economic mobility
- 2020, first MBA graduating class
Did you know you can get your tuition at Chicago State University paid for while earning a great wage? Here's how:
Up to $10,000/year towards your tuition & fees
Weekly paycheck (Starting pay $22.00 hr.)
Up to $100 book allowance per class
Up to $500 in monthly bonuses
Up to $25,000 in UPS lifetime benefits
Paid vacations and holidays after 1 year, and medical benefits after 9 months.
Advancement and career opportunities are available.
Free public transportation: Pace 390, 392, 395, 890. CTA 169/ 69th street express
You’ll earn a weekly paycheck and more working as a part-time package handler at the UPS facility in Hodgkins, IL.
Work 3.5 to 5 hours, average per shift, as a package handler.
Shifts are Monday through Friday Twilight (4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.) or Night (10 p.m to 3:30 a.m.) or Sunrise (3:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.)
Want to learn more about Chicago State University and our program?
So you’re ready to get started. Here’s what you need to do!
Be employed as a package handler or part-time supervisor at UPS Hodgkins working the twilight, night or sunrise shifts
Meet with the CRCP Director of Student Services for schedule approval
Schedule class times that do not conflict with UPS work hours
Sign a CRCP student agreement as your final commitment
Earn 6-11 credits per semester at a participating community college or university. Full time students are considered upon exception.
Maintain a “C” or higher grade point average each semester
“The CRCP changed my life literally. I was able to pay my rent and the support from CRCP staff helped keep me on track”.
Prairie State College A.A.S. Nursing 2017.
Governors State University B.S. Nursing 2020