You're probably thinking, "There has got to be a catch. These people want to give me a job AND give me money for tuition and books?" That sums it up, and there is no catch! Over 2,500 students have taken advantage of the CRCP, and the first step on their journey began by attending an open house. Come see for yourself, we'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.
You’ll earn a weekly paycheck and more working as a part-time package handler at the UPS facility in Hodgkins, IL.
- Work 3.5 to 5 hours per shift Monday through Friday at night (10 p.m to 3:00 a.m.) or early morning (4:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.)
- Starting pay is $8.50 per hour and increases to $9.50 after 90 days
- No weekend or holiday work
- Eligible for medical benefits, paid vacation after one year
THE FINE PRINT
- You must be newly hired to be eligible for the CRCP
- Be a good employee: show up on time, have a good attitude and do your job
- The package handler position involves lifting and lowering packages that may weigh up to 70 pound
Yes, as UPS employees and as the need arises, all employees are expected to be flexible and available to work longer to ensure work is completed before the shift ends. CRCP students should schedule their classes with this in mind.
Yes. CRCP students are eligible for consideration for promotion to part-time supervisor. As with any employer, promotion is based upon job performance and company needs.
No. You are only obligated to the program for the duration of the Student Agreement.
Yes. You must remain employed and on active status at UPS in order to maintain your program benefits. You are eligible for UPS holidays and approved vacations per your benefits as a UPS employee.
Students enrolled in the CRCP may choose between 2 shifts, the night shift 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. or the sunrise shift 4:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.