The Program

You're probably thinking, "There has got to be a catch. These people want to give me a job AND give me money for tuition and books?" That sums it up, and there is no catch! Over 3,600 students have been admitted to the CRCP, and the first step on their journey began by attending an open house. Come see for yourself, we'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Whether you’re taking a few classes or going to graduate school at one of our partner colleges, the CRCP supports your education at a time when it’s never been more expensive to attend college.

Here's how it adds up

Tuition, Fees & Books (Up to $2,625/semester) $5,250
Part-Time UPS Job (Starting pay $10.10/hr) $8,400
Monthly Bonus ($300/month - $500/month for veterans) $3,600
Transportation Allowance ($100/month) $1,200
Annual CRCP Benefit Potential $18,450


  • Attend classes at any of our 7 partner colleges: Chicago State University, Governors State University, Moraine Valley Community College, Morton College, Olive-Harvey College, Prairie State College, Richard J. Daley College 
  • Be a good student and commit to staying in the program for the duration of the semester.


How are tuition, fees, and books paid?

Tuition will be deferred to the end of the semester after your grades are verified. The tuition benefit will only be applied to courses that you pass (awarded credit). You will not be required to pay these expenses when registering for classes.

What is an academic year?

An academic year is defined as the fall, spring, and summer semesters in that order the next full academic year. For example, a program participant may take 6 credits in the fall, 3 credits in the spring, and 3 credits in the summer semester and remain eligible for the program benefits as long as the person remains an active employee at UPS during that same time. For those students entering the program mid-year, the student must satisfy semester requirements until they enter the next full academic year beginning in a fall semester.

Can I take more than three credits per semester and 12 credits per year?

Yes. We strongly suggest that students take lighter class loads during their first semester in the CRCP, ideally 6-9 credit hours.

What happens if I drop below the minimum credits requirement?

Your CRCP educational allowance will be suspended for the current semester. If you are still able to meet the 12 credit hour requirement within the current year, you will have an opportunity to reapply for benefits for the next semester.

How long do I have to work to be covered in the program?

You must work the duration of your signed Student Agreement to receive full program benefits. A Student Agreement term usually coincides with the academic semester.

Do I have to apply for financial aid?

No. You are eligible for the tuition assistance by nature of your employment at UPS.

What about scholarships and other student aid that is grant-based?

All scholarships and other grant-based aid (both public and private) must be applied first to your student account. Then your tuition benefit will cover the remainder up to UPS limits.

What is the maximum educational benefit for CRCP students?

The CRCP pays a maximum educational benefit of up to $2,625 per semester for student tuition and fees. Payment is made directly to the college at the completion of the semester for all classes completed satisfactorily. As a result, students whose expenses are within the program limits should not need to pay for classes in advance.

What types of courses or degree programs are covered?

All courses or degree programs offering undergraduate or graduate college credits will be covered at CSU, GSU, MVCC, Morton College, Olive-Harvey College, Prairie State College and Richard J. Daley College.

What is the recommended course load per semester?

Because you will also be working a part-time shift during the night, it is recommended that most students take 6-9 credits per academic term. This will not apply to every person and some may be able to handle more credits than others. In the first semester, some students may opt to take only 3 credits.

When does coverage begin?

Coverage begins when your academic term starts and during the length of the Student Agreement. To maintain coverage, you must meet the ongoing eligibility requirements and sign a new Student Agreement.

Are there any requirements for using the $300 or $500 educational allowance?

No. We realize that college expenses extend beyond tuition and books. This allowance is unrestricted so that you may use it to offset any expense of your choosing.

When would I receive the educational allowance?

The $300 or $500 educational allowance is earned and then paid at the beginning of the following month.

What additional financial support is offered to Veterans?

If you served in the U.S. Armed Forces and were Honorably discharged, you qualify for an additional $200 monthly stipend. You will need to provide a copy of your DD214 form when you sign your Student Agreement as verification of your Honorable discharge.

If you served in the U.S. Armed Forces for at least one year and received a General discharge, you are eligible for an additional $100 monthly stipend. You will need to provide a copy of your DD214 form when you sign your Student Agreement to qualify for this benefit.

Success Stories

The CRCP has helped over 2,500 students pursue their education goals since 2003.

Jennifer Wellington

Jennifer Wellington

Governors State University

The Chicagoland Regional College Program afforded me the opportunity to achieve the American Dream.